The VACOC will honor its responsibility of promoting and supporting chamber members: business, education and community partners in order to benefit commerce, education and philanthropy to advance economic growth.
The VACOC will provide leadership to the Vietnamese pioneer movement locally, nationally and internationally through commerce, education, cultural exchange and philanthropy.
The VACOC will support and promote our mission by following these shared beliefs:
- Small and medium size businesses are the backbone of our Pioneer Movement
- Education, training and shared resources are keys to business success
- Sharing and seeking “best practices“ with other chambers, corporations, and educational institutions both locally and globally are important to growth
- Giving back to our community and becoming recognized philanthropists is one of the most important goals of this chamber
- We will pursue the noble quest of becoming useful world citizens–wherever and whenever we can offer our help and assistance
“The voices of many businesses, spoken firmly through one organization.”
- VACOC is the oldest and largest of its kind as it was established in Little Saigon, California in 1985.
- VACOC currently has over 1,500 members of the chamber.
- Dr. Pham Dang Long Co, founder of Bolsa Medical Group, was the longest standing president of the Vietnamese American Chamber of Commerce.
- The past president prior to Dr. Tam Nguyen and Dr. Co Pham are listed in the archives above.
- 2011 was the 1st annual fireworks booth hosted by the Vietnamese American Chamber of Commerce
- August 27, 2010 the Vietnamese American Chamber of Commerce celebrated its 25th anniversary
- VACOC hosted US Secretary of Commerce Honorable Gary Locke in Little Saigon and VietnameseAmerican owned businesses in 2010.
- Vietnamese American Chamber of Commerce hosted the first Tet Parade and Tet Festival in California.
- VACOC established the first Vietnamese business directory for the community with nearly 10,000 business listings